Hendricks County Parks and Recreation relies on financial contributions from those who love our Parks. It is only possible to provide the high quality programs and projects, developments and green space with the support of a community that values nature, education and recreation.
Please consider partnering with us in expanding and enhancing a
natural Hendricks County!
All partners will receive recognition in the Foundation Newsletter, invite to our summer appreciation picnic, and sneak peeks at new exhibits and developments in our Parks. Donations are tax-deductible.
Life-time cumulative giving.
The Foundation is so appreciative of you and your gift, we would like to recognize you on our Giving Tree inside the Nature Center at McCloud. This applies toward life-time cumulative giving or one-time gifts.
Giving Tree Donation Levels:
- – Bronze Leaf
- – Silver Leaf
- – Gold Leaf
- – Acorn
- – Boulder
The Arboretum at McCloud Nature Park
McCloud Nature Park will have a new addition in 2016, an amazing Arboretum. A section of the prairie will be transformed into a nature paradise of trees, shrubs, and flowers representing the four ecosystem found in Indiana. School groups, scouts and all visitors will learn and be inspired by this living museum.
We need you to join us in bringing this Arboretum to life! Please consider a gift today.
Learn more about this exciting project! We value your donation to help build this beautiful addition. Your donation is a gift to nature and our community! Donations are tax-deductible.
Ecosystem Partner – $10,000
- Partnership recognized in one of the four ecosystems on interpretive signage on site and on a plaque at the entrance of the Arboretum.
- Partner support tied to all publications and media. This includes the Park’s Explorer Magazine distributed to 20,000 families 3 times each year.
- $30 – $499 Recognition on Foundation website and quarterly newsletter.
- $500 & up Recognition on plaque at entrance of the Arboretum, on Foundation website and quarterly newsletter.
McCloud HoneyBee Fest
Each year, McCloud Nature Park is visited by over 30,000 people. Our Nature Center welcomes many of those visitors, including school groups,scouts and families eager to learn and experience nature in all its wonder. We are excited to announce a new source of environment education and inspiration – an observation honeybee hive!
The observation honeybee hive will be located in the McCloud Nature Center, easily accessible to all visitors. The hive will be a window into the fascinating world of the honeybee and an amazing teaching tool for our naturalists.
The Parks Foundation of Hendricks County is proud to partner with our Hendricks County Parks in creating a home in our parks for this indispensable pollinator. We are working hard to raise the funds needed to establish the observation hive and other hives throughout McCloud Nature Park. We would be so grateful for your donation!
How to Help
- Make a monetary donation.
- Attend and/or participate in the McCloud HoneyBee Fest – August 27 from 1-4 p.m. at McCloud Nature Park, 8518 Hughes Road, North Salem, IN. Join us in celebrating our favorite pollinator and help us raise funds to establish an observation hive a McCloud Nature Park. Local bee experts will provide a live hive and beekeeping basics demonstrations. We will also have bee-themed games and crafts, homemade ice cream with honey topping and honey products available for purchase. Beekeepers – enter our honey taste-test and be awarded 2016 Hendricks County’s Favorite Honey, also bring your honey products to sell.